NEXT MEETING JULY 27, 2016 6:30 p.m.
- WILLIAM/ST. JOHN PASTORAL COUNCIL
JUNE 22, 2016
The regular monthly meeting of the St. William/St. John Parish Pastoral Council was held on June 22, 2016 at
St. William Church, Donnelly Hall, Williamstown, KY at 6:30 p.m. Stephen Bates called the meeting to order.
Members Present: Father Hils, Stephen Bates, Amy Gutman,
Paul Merz, Pat McDonough, David Rose, Cathy Rose, Kathy McDonough (ex-officio) Diane Pettit (ex officio).
Members absent: Deacon Mike Lyman, Katie Clemons, Judith Kirk, Donna Schulcz and John Vrolijk.
Fr. Hils opened the meeting with prayer.
Stephen called for approval of the Minutes from last meeting. There being no corrections or additions Paul moved, Pat seconded, Minutes approved as submitted.
- S. Hwy 25 sign – Paul reported that he has gotten with Scott Bates and Fr. Hils and the sign will be 48 x 30 with a light background and blue reflective lettering. He passed around a sample as shown on his IPod. The cost will be $300 for the sign. He and his wife will pay an additional $75 to add a removable sign for our Fish Fry season.
After discussion Paul moved, Pat seconded to go forward with sign as presented. Motion carried.
- John windows/furnace – Fr. Hils advised that
Ed Salerino will look into the moving of the furnace to the Sacristy and getting adequate air vents.
Fr. Hils advised the windows are done at St. John. He was looking into film to put some color to the windows but the cost was $3,000 so he will not pursue it further at this time.
Cathy asked what happened to the red glass. Fr. Hils advised there were cracks, etc. and they were replaced with regular glass. There were 37 window panes replaced.
- Business Manager – Fr. Hils advised that Shelby Brown did go to a Finance Committee meeting but she probably won’t be able to attend Parish Council to be introduced.
- William Roof replacement – Fr. Hils advised there is a leak by the handicapped entrance with water dripping causing sagging. After looking into this it could be that the pipe there is clogged and the overflow is causing the leak. This will looked into further. The leak over the alter has been fixed. The leak in Kathy’s office still exists. He got an estimate from Estes Roofing to replace whole roof for $66,700 so he will continue to look for estimates.
- Spiritual – Kathy advised VBS would be July 11-15 and the
topic would be Miracles of the Bible.
Time is 6-8:30 p.m.
Fr. Hils he is working with 3 possible converts and maybe a fourth.
Kathy raised a discussion on a proposal of the Youth
Group. Brian and Sunshine were talking of having a fund
raiser on August 6 or 7, providing a movie, popcorn,
games, etc. for the kids for a minimal cost. Fr.
Suggested that prizes for games could be school supplies.
Discussion was held on doing a Parish Picnic at the same time. Brian and Sunshine cannot handle to whole thing,
there would have to be someone to handle the picnic
part. There is a need for volunteers. The bulletin
will contain a paragraph asking for volunteers. Further
discussion will be held at the July meeting.
- Project List/Blanchet Cemetery – the Youth Group went
out to the cemetery and did a lot of clean up which made
it look a lot better. Fr. Hils advised that Deacon Mike
has talked with the Diocese Office to attempt to get a
maintenance person to take care of this cemetery with
the Diocese paying for the cost.
- Website – Pat advised he was working on the website and
getting pictures and a calendar set up. He got some
history put in for both St. John and St. William but
this is a work in progress and he will continue to work
on this. Discussion was held regarding no one knows the
website address so there will be information in the
Bulletin giving out that information as well as
trying to incorporate it on all of our communications.
- Parish Council Replacements – Those going off this year
will be Stephen, Amy, Donna and John. Fr. Hils advised
he had a list of possible people but he wants to talk to
them first before giving out any names.
- Hils advised that we would be changing bulletin company from JS Paluch to another company. The change will allow us to make it much more view friendly, more color, more space, etc. This company will solicit more businesses to advertise on the back to defray the cost. There will still be no cost to us for our bulletins. He is working on a “Logo”.
- Hils advised the baptismal fount is leaking again. It was sent out to be repaired but still leaks. There is electric, water and drain already there. He has looked into a new fount that is self-contained on casters with granite top but the estimated cost is $10,835, which is not possible.
Another solution would be to refinish the old fount and use it.
Another solution would be to put four (4) wooden stands with bowls at the entrance of church. Stephen moved, Amy seconded that we remove old fount, repair carpeting and put in 4 stands with bowls and see if that works. If that should fail, refinish the old fount. Motion carried.
Next Meeting The next meeting would be set for Wednesday,
July 27, 2016. The time will be 6:30 p.m.
Paul moved to adjourn, seconded by Pat, motion carried. Meeting adjourned.
Diane Pettit, Recording Secretary