NEXT MEETING December 28, 2016 @ 6:30 p.m.
- WILLIAM/ST. JOHN PASTORAL COUNCIL
November 16, 2016
The regular monthly meeting of the St. William/St. John Parish Pastoral Council was held on November 16, 2016, at St. William Church, Donnelly Hall, Williamstown, KY, at 6:30 p.m. Paul Mertz called the meeting to order.
Fr. Hils opened the meeting with prayer.
- DPAA Raise the Roof Campaign – We are off to a good start. Currently, approximately $3,600 has been raised for the Campaign.
- Roof – Deacon Mike reported Leveque Hall has been finished. Cost were significantly cut as members of the Parish donated their time completing repairs. These repairs were directed by a professional roofer who was on-site and offered direction.
- Website Update – Website was recently off-line for maintenance issues but is back up and running. Updated Parish Council photographs will be added in December.
- Johns Monstrance – Currently still waiting on repairs to be completed.
- Johns Organ – The organ donated to St. Johns will fit inside and is in working order. Plans are under way to have it picked up from the donator.
- Bible Study – There are approximately thirty (30) participants in the class. Reviews thus far have been very positive.
- Breakfast with Santa – Most supplies for this event have be acquired. Students will be providing assistance for the event. Prizes/treat bags are currently being sought.
- Chicken Dinner – A “chicken dinner” event has been proposed as a fundraising event. This event would perhaps occur in the summer or fall season of 2017. This event, which has been held in the past, will be explored again.
- Holy Date – December 8th is a Holy Day, The Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Masses will be held.
- Repaint parking lines- The parking lines in the lot of St. William will be repainted in the near future. This is tentatively scheduled to occur in the spring of 2017.
Next Meeting –The next meeting will occur on Wednesday, December 28, 2016, at 6:30 p.m.
The meeting ended.
A closing Prayer was led by Fr. Hils.
Scott Lengle, Vice-Recording Secretary