NEXT MEETING April 26, 2017 @ 6:30 p.m.
- WILLIAM/ST. JOHN PASTORAL COUNCIL
March 22, 2017
The regular monthly meeting of the St. William/St. John Parish Pastoral Council was held on March 22, 2017, at St. William Church, Donnelly Hall, Williamstown, KY, at 6:00 p.m. Pat McDonough called the meeting to order as Paul Merz was running late.
Members present included: Fr. Hils, Deacon Lyman, Paul Merz, Pat McDonough, Roger Frisch, Pam Saylor, Katie Clemons, and Scott Lengle
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 P.M by Pat McDonough.
Fr. Hils opened the meeting with prayer.
The minutes from the February meeting were reviewed. Katie Clemons made a motion to approve the minutes and Pam Saylor seconded the motion.
- Website Updates – Deacon Lyman reported that online giving will be suspended at the end of the fiscal year as it is only being used by two (2) families and is therefore not cost efficient.
- Chicken Dinner – Nothing to report at this time.
- Fish Fry – Deacon Lyman advised the fish fry has been very successful thus far. We have had three (3) weeks with sales totaling over $5,000.
- Bible Study – Class is still occurring. Over twenty (20) participants regularly attend. The class has received positive reviews. One participant advised they have learned more about the Bible during the weekly class than they have ever known.
- The Statue of Risen Christ – Due to time constraints, this statue will not be put up this Easter season but will be displayed in 2018. A support structure and/or system still needs to be determined as the statue is extremely heavy.
- Mary Statue – This statue is still in Wisconsin being painted. It is reportedly near done. Hils stated he is brainstorming how to best display the statue, and what type of stand the statue will be displayed on so it does not break again.
- Escape Room – Fr. Hils talked about the Escape Room located in Florence, KY that the youth group went to. The money raised during their spaghetti dinner helped with the cost of the outing.
- RCIA – Twelve (12) people will be coming into the Church.
- DPAA – Our Parish had our commitment weekend recently. Deacon Lyman reported we had 49 people pledge totaling around $14,000 to $15,000
- Forcht Bank – Deacon Lyman reported the Church was having some difficulty with opening a savings account at Forcht Bank because a teller said savings accounts were not permitted for non-profit’s. Deacon Lyman is going to speak with bank management as he believes we are permitted to open a savings account.
Next Meeting –The next meeting will occur on April 26, 2017, at 6:00 p.m.
Motion to adjoin was made at 6:51 p.m. by Pat McDonough and seconded by Katie Clemons.
A closing Prayer was led by Fr. Hils.
Scott Lengle, Vice-Recording Secretary