NEXT MEETING March 22,, 2017 @ 6:00 p.m.
- WILLIAM/ST. JOHN PASTORAL COUNCIL
February 15, 2017
The regular monthly meeting of the St. William/St. John Parish Pastoral Council was held on February 15, 2017, at St. William Church, Donnelly Hall, Williamstown, KY, at 6:30 p.m. Paul Mertz called the meeting to order.
Members present included: Fr. Hils, Deacon Lyman, Paul Merz, Pat McDonough, Kathy McDonough, Ken Henke, Roger Frisch, Pam Saylor, Katie Clemons, and Scott Lengle
The meeting was called to order at 6:33 P.M by Paul Merz.
Fr. Hils opened the meeting with prayer.
The minutes from the January meeting were reviewed. Pat McDonough made a motion to approve the minutes and Ken Henke seconded the motion.
- Pastoral Council – Roger Frish spoke about the Diocese guidelines from the synod in 2007 being updated. Roger reported on some items of interest. The Diocese wants to update where it stands on buildings and property owned/operated within the Diocese. Workshops on end of life issues are being considered. A durable power of attorney (for end of life issues) which details the Church’s teaching is being worked on.
- Website Updates – Email addresses for parish council members have been updated on the website.
- Chicken Dinner – Nothing to report at this time.
- Fish Fry – The annual fish fry is fast approaching. Deacon Lyman is trying to identify parishioners wishing to work all six (6) dates. Work signup sheets will be displayed after Mass for those wishing to help. Advertisements for the fish fry will be in the Falmouth Outlook and Grant County News.
- Bible Study – Class is still occurring. Attendance was a bit down due to illness’s however the class is still going strong. Over twenty (20) participants regularly attend.
- Spaghetti Dinner – The spaghetti dinner after Mass went well.
- Furnace at St. Johns – It was discovered that St. Johns had run out of propane which stopped the furnace from running. Gas company came out and had to cut valve off per protocol. Propane was refilled and furnace is now functioning again.
- Youth Group – They had an outing at the Escape Room in Florence, KY.
- Fish Fry – The upcoming Lenten season is upon us. The fish fry proceeds typically are about ten (10) percent of St. William’s yearly income, so the success is critical. With this said, we truly need Parish support in this upcoming endeavor. Council encourages people to participate both in working the fish fry, baking desserts for the fish fry and/or coming to eat! Please get the word out to friends, neighbors, and family to come to the upcoming fish fry with an appetite.
- DRE Position Has Been Posted – The DRE position has been posted in several media outlets and/or publications. No resumes have been received as of yet. Pat McDonough advised he will put a notice on the website.
Next Meeting –The next meeting will occur on March, 2017, at 6:00 p.m.
Motion to adjoin was made by Katie Clemons and by Pam Saylor.
A closing Prayer was led by Fr. Hils.
Scott Lengle, Vice-Recording Secretary